Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy 35th Darren/Daddy!!!!

The "Big D" turns the BIG 35 and doesn't he look AWESOME? I am grateful for his dedication to staying in shape in order to keep up with our three children. I remember when I was pregnant with Ty, Darren said, "One thing is for sure, I will NEVER allow Tyson to be stronger than me!"

So how did we celebrate? Well, we did go to Charlotte, but being Darren's birthday hadn't passed yet, I really looked at that trip as a post celebration for Valentine's Day. On his actual birthday, I made one of Darren's favorite meals... Italian Sausage Soup and Whole Grain Garlic Bread! I did everything I could to make it feel like his special day... balloons on the mailbox, a dressed up dinner table, wrapped gifts, and I even made a sugar-free dessert that he has been asking for for the last three birthdays and I've just never gotten around to. Don't judge, recall, I did give birth to twins in the last three years :) The dessert was a sugar-free chocolate eclair dessert. MMMMM! I think it's calling my name right now, lol!

Darren received a few nice gifts too.... a basket of protein bars, sugar-free atkins oreos, protein powder, mint chocolate chip gum, granola mix etc... I also splurged and got him the NEW P90X Part 2. It looks INSANE. The kids gave daddy a hokie t-shirt and the Tim Tebow book.

Tyson was reading the card to his daddy that he made for him in art class that day!
Darren shows his love and appreciation!


So I thought the door sign just read, "Happy Birthday!", but instead it said, "Happy 21st Birthday!" I had to improvise and make a 35. LOL!
This is the FAMOUS cake that Darren's dear friend Aaron Fernandez delivered to him at WORK! So funny. The photo is a picture of Darren from the tough mudder days. Guys don't normally do these sorts of things for their male friends, I know. I think this meant more to me than it did to him :) Aaron, thank you for going that extra mile for BIG D!

PS. My kids' poop is STILL blue!
Darren, even more than your handsome smile and your big muscles :), I am more grateful for the godly man that you have grown into and continue to strive to be.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)