Sunday, March 4, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm GOOOD!

While at Sam's Club today, I bought a rotisserie chicken. Apparently, the hubby thinks "they're gross", so I decided to beef it up a bit and turn the chicken into something a little bit more enjoyable/tasty for the HUBBS! Sometimes he can be so finicky.

I made him a buffalo chicken, grilled cheese sandwich. It was phenomenal. Try it out...

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup cooked shredded chicken, warm
  • 1 tablespoon hot sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon mayo (optional)
  • Shhhhhhh! What he doesn't know won't hurt him. Don't tell him about this ingredient.
  • 1 tablespoon carrot, grated
  • 1 tablespoon celery, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon green or red onion, sliced or diced
  • 1 tablespoon blue cheese, room temperature, crumbled
  • 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, room temperature, grated
  • 1 tablespoon butter.
Directions
  1. Mix the chicken, hot sauce, mayo, carrot, celery and onion in a small bowl.
  2. Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheeses on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the buffalo chicken salad, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
  3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
  4. Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
I didn't have celery or red onion BUT I'd still give it 5 stars!!! I almost would rather the onion NOT be in there. ONE suggestion, don't over due the blue cheese. Either follow the 1 tablespoon recommendation OR half it if your not a BIG fan. WE LOVE blue cheese, but "BIG D" said to lighten up on it next time. I didn't measure it, so I probably did go a little over board, forgetting how potent it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)