Sunday, February 5, 2012

Eating Skins While Watching the "Pigskin"

I could care less about the Superbowl. Actually, I really don't have the patience when I hear sports on the television PERIOD, but all the Superbowl hype causes me to be a chameleon and conform. We never have plans, although one year I swear I am going to throw a HUGE Superbowl party (just like I want to throw a HUGE adult Halloween party too!). Again, I just love having excuses to try NEW recipes and plan a party. I decided to provide my hubby with a Superbowl dish that I thought he would enjoy! After all, he is forced to watch all of those commercials, advertising delicious foods.

Here's what I made him:

Buffalo/Blue Cheese Chicken Potato Skins: What you'll need...
  • (6) Medium Baking Potatoes Such As Russet, Scrubbed Clean
  • Olive Oil for Brushing
  • (2 1/2) Cups of Cooked Chicken, Shredded and Warm
  • (1/2) Cup Hot Sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
  • (2) Tablespoons Butter, Melted
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • (1/2) Cup Cheddar Cheese
  • (1/2) Cup Blue Cheese, Crumbled
  • (2) Green Onions, Sliced
  • 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese Dressing

Directions:

Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork and bake in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about an hour. Let the potatoes cool, cut in half and scoop out the middle leaving about 1/8 inch of potato on the skin. Reserve the scooped out potato for another use like mashed potatoes. Brush the potato skins all over with the oil and bake in a preheated 450F oven for 10 minutes on each side.Mix the hot sauce and the melted butter and then mix in the chicken. I used a rotisserie chicken and pulled all of the chicken off of it. I guess you could potentially use canned chicken, but it just seems fake to me. Season the inside of the potato skins with salt and pepper, fill with the chicken and sprinkle on the cheeses. Broil until the cheese has melted, just a few minutes. Serve while still warm, garnished with green onions and with a side celery and carrot sticks and some blue cheese sauce for dipping. If you or your guests are not fans of blue cheese, just double to cheddar cheese.
These were beyond delicious. They tasted EXACTLY the way I had hoped they would taste if not BETTER! Darren's FIRST response when he took the first bite was, "MAN, I could heat 1,000 of these!"
They were SO scrumptious but also VERY filling. I served a roast (that cooked for 9 hours) with this "appetizer". A definite keeper for sure as well as a "MUST TRY".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)