Wednesday, January 11, 2012

W is for WINTER!


Today, I decided that I was going to stop taking the twins to story time (which starts back on Wednesday, January 18th). We have been attending for almost 2 years now and I haven’t seen any changes in the lesson plans. While the twins do enjoy it, I felt spending some quality time with them, at home, would be more beneficial and enjoyable for us all.
I am trying to design my own lesson plans for Wednesdays. I have found if my day is planned out and I have things for the kids to do, I enjoy being at home a lot more than if we just exist (eat, house chores, some playtime).

The kids ate a phenomenal breakfast, so I was able to go along with my first plan of the day. The first event I had planned out was a marshmallow roasting. During Christmas break, I stopped by my dear friend Erin’s home to peak at her decorated Christmas tree. She should be a professional Christmas decorator!!! While admiring her tree, which by the way was insanely gorgeous, I noticed her kiddies had a toothpick in one hand and a small cup of marshmallows in the other. I said to Erin, “That’s a clever way to eat marshmallows.” She said, “Oh, they are pretending they are roasting marshmallows.” HOW NEAT! While I did NOT create nor have the brain power to create the idea to roast marshmallows indoors, I did steal the idea and I added my OWN special touches.

I set up a blanket near our actual fireplace, setting a warm atmosphere. Then I supplied the kids with their own “campfire”, a bowl of marshmallows each, and their very own roasting sticks (skewers). I took it one step further and provided them with a dish of graham crackers and oreos, just incase they wanted to make smores!

Afterwards, we enjoyed making a snowman out of marshmallows. I even had fun doing one of my own!!!! It was a great way to avoid this nasty rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)