Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine's D-ssert!

The dessert we made today was heart-shaped rice krispie treats! Everyone knows how to make'em and if you don't know how to make'em, you sure know how yummy they taste. Although, I didn't get to taste any :( I am on day 16 of my dessert/bread free diet. BUT YOU AREN'T, so give this recipe a whirl!!!

What you'll need:
1/4 cup of butter
6 cups of mini marshmallows
8-10 cups of rice krispies

Melt butter and marshmallows, until well blended, over low-medium heat.
Remove pan from stove.
Mix rice krispies into hot melted marshmallows.
Pour into an 11x13 glass dish. Spread evenly using wax paper and rolling pin.
My helpers!

The smell of melted marshmallows and butter filled the air. They need to make a candle that smells like this.
I melted some Wilton's pink rose dye into the marshmallows/butter mixture.

"Yummy!"
While I cleaned up, I allowed Lilah and Jax to lick the pot clean, keeping them preoccupied.
Look at those sweet fingers getting every bite possible.
Good to the very last drop.
Jax enjoyed being my helper! He loves to help in the kitchen.
I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter after the batch cooled down, to make Valentiney.

I added sprinkles for a little extra fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)