Saturday, December 10, 2011

When the Cats are away, the mice will play!

While Darren and I were out shopping in Richmond, Shawn and Kaitlyn did a FANTASTIC job keeping the twins occupied. I was so happy they didn't keep them cooped up at home. Tyson, of course, was at school. Shawn and Kaitlyn took the twins to PetSmart, Build-A-Bear, and Chick-fil-a. Later that day, Kaitlyn did a Christmas craft with them and made them birthday cake ice cream cones. YUMMY!!!!! The twins, especially, were really anticipating this day with their long time second mommy and daddy. Two weeks ago, Jax was looking at a book that had a large airplane on it. He said, "Can, can, can, can you and daddy go bye-bye on a plane again?" I said, "You want us to go bye-bye again? Why?" He said, "So Shawny and Kk can watch us!" He loves them!!!!

Jax has been wanting to go to the pet store for weeks now.
I love this photo. I totally can see Shawn being a daddy to a little girl, although I think Kaitlyn wants a TON OF BOYS!!!


I am so happy when I see moments like these. Our family rarely even knows the twins.... praise God for our Church family! Surrogate mommies, daddies, aunts, uncles, and cousins!


Kaitlyn sent me a text after the build-a-bear outing and it read, "Sorry! We did our best to talk them out of the crazy bears.... jax has a fireman costume!" I was glad that the twins got to go with someone else to build these bears. I am too much of a control freak and I don't let them get what they want. LOL!!!!! They must have been in their glory.

I bought the kids a big pad of paper and some foam/glittery Christmas stickers.
When Tyson arrived home from school, his grandad and grandnee picked him up and spent most of the day with him. They treated him to a fun night at Chuck E. Cheese. He returned home to shower and get in his pjs. I bought him new movie to watch with Kaitlyn. It's called "Mr. Penguins Poppers" starring Jim Carey. Kaitlyn said, she was talking to Ty in the middle of the movie and he didn't respond. She looked over and the little guy was PASSED out!!!!!!! LOL! Another rough week for a 6 1/2 year old.

This morning when I entered the twins room, Jax said, "You done shopping?" and Lilah exclaimed, "YOUR BACK!!!!!" I told Darren how much I enjoyed being away from them for the day, but come 9 pm, I was missing them like crazy. I missed them so much that I said to Darren, "I don't see how working mothers do it! I could never be away from my kiddies everyday this long!" Darren and I joked this morning that the silence we heard yesterday was worth EVERY PENNY we had to pay out to Shawn and Kaitlyn last night. Darren even said, "I'm not sure you can put a price tag on that babysitting job!" :)

Shawn, Kaitlyn, Reid and Renee what a blessing you gave to Darren and I this past Friday!!!! We are beyond grateful. Kaitlyn you ROCK for capturing all of these fun moments on camera and by the way, the HOUSE LOOKED AMAZING!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)