Saturday, August 27, 2011

From Infant to Toddler


I hit a wall the other day. I realized that my infants were no longer infants, they are toddlers. Many, many, many, many changes have taken place in the last few days especially.

Goodbye Diapers, Hello Underwear
Goodbye Sippy Cups, Hello Regular Cups
Goodbye Booster Seats, Hello Regular Seats
Goodbye Baby Class, Hello Firecrackers
Goodbye Baby Monitor, Hello Peaceful Nights
Goodbye Baby Babble, Hello Toddler Talk
Goodbye Innocence, Hello Depravity
Goodbye Staying At Home, Hello Pre-school

Although closing the doors to some of the above is sad, I am really excited about this next phase in our lives. We've spent well over 800 days being parents to infant twins. I praise God that he has provided us with the financial means, the dedication, and the teamwork to raise these precious babies. I am especially thankful to God for my husband. Without him, I am not sure I could be half as good a mommy as I am.

These last 2 1/2 years have flown by. When I pass by a picture or an object that reminds me of when they were first born, it seems like a distant memory. I'm trying hard to grasp the reality behind how quickly life with three kids will turn to life with three teenagers. I plan to cry out to the Lord for patience and gratitude to cherish these times and savor every little moment, good and tough.

1 comment:

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)