Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane!

TOMORROW morning, Darren and I are leaving to spend 5 days and 4 nights at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. This is where we got married and spent 10 days on our honeymoon. We always said we would go back for our 10 year wedding Anniversary and tomorrow morning at 5:45 am, we are making this dream come true. Darren and I have been counting down the days, but now that time is CLOSE we are both very anxiety stricken and deeply sad. We thought it'd be so easy to say goodbye to our children, but it's NOT. They will be in GREAT care. Shawn and Kaitlyn Belcher will be taking care of them. I'm sure for the kids it will FLY by! Kaitlyn has lots of fun things planned out for them.

Dennis Maggi will be picking us at 5:45 am tomorrow morning to take us to the airport. It's bitter/sweet, but we plan to enjoy every last minute of it because who knows when we will have this opportunity again. I look forward to letting my hair down :)

After I was done packing and the family was asleep, I took a trip down memory lane. I looked through all of our wedding and honeymoon photo albums. These were a few photos I really loved or thought were funny. I can honestly say, I don't think we've changed tooooo much! I think it would be so cool to revisit these spots and take a photo in the same spot 10 years later.

I'll catch some extra Bahama sun rays for all of you!!!!!
We loved our decision to have a destination wedding. A few traditional things were left undone, ie. father/daughter dance, but I'm pretty sure we'd do it again this way. Darren's pretty firm on believing that God's sovereign hand was on us and this is the way he designed it to be. ONE DAY, I'd love to renew our vows under God's word.

We were married on the beach. I couldn't have a traditional wedding gown because it was just too hard to transport and way toooooo hot.
The day our honeymoon started.
This was taken before dinner one night by a passerbye.

The last night of our trip, we were eating dinner and Rob Lowe was near our table. I hadn't a clue who he was, but Darren did. Till this day, Darren says, "Rob Lowe was totally flirting with you!" LOL! I was unphased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)