Sunday, May 1, 2011

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

On Saturday, April 30th, Tyson's baseball team, aka "Hot Rods" had opening ceremonies as well as their first game. The festivities started at 9:30 am. His first game was at 1:30 pm, so we spent from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm essentially on the field. Tyson was the first batter of the year for their team, he hit the very first ball pitched to him, and he scored the very first point. I was much more excited about baseball after I saw my baby boy hit the ball against another team. Being Darren is an assistant coach it makes it a little challenging to watch the game 100% (as I do still have to mother the twins), but it truly is a great atmosphere for family fun. 5/6 of Tyson's teammates go to our church, so the teammates spend time together on and off the field. ALL 4 coaches, head coach and assistant coaches, also attend West Salem Baptist. It's like our own little Christian team. All the boys did really, really well. Gabe Shaffer even made a home run. Very exciting. Our next game is Tuesday, May 3rd, if anyone wants to join us, feel free. The comradery is exciting and fun. Enjoy a few of my FAVORITE photos below. If you want to see the entire album, then view the photo album as well. Even though we are NOT keeping score, our team couldn't help keep a record of it. We won 21 to 5. Whoot, whoot!!!
In order, Gabe Shaffer, James Shelor, and Tyson.  The team runs on the field for opening ceremonies.


Daddy and Ty pose for a picture before the big game!

This is my FAVORITE picture. My little guy slides into home plate. SOOOO insanely cute.

1 comment:

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)