Monday, May 2, 2011

Surprise Visit To The VA TECH Duck Pond!

God has blessed our day in so many ways today. One of those ways was gorgeous weather. I had to take a drive up to Blacksburg to try on my bridesmaids dress for Kaitlyn's wedding. As a sign of my appreciation for them coming along for the ride without grumbling, I decided to treat my kids to something special... the VA TECH duck pond. I told a friend yesterday, that I have been dreading the summer's arrival, a lot, but mostly out of fear that it will be tough to manage 3 kids alone and constantly with only a once a week break for 4 hours. HOWEVER, these last few days, while Ty has been on Spring Break, my anxieties and negativity and fears have vanished. I've noticed now that Lilah and Jax can walk and talk, it's really fun to take them places. Each of them have different personalities, different appreciations, different fears, and different ways of showing their excitement. It never gets dull.

Back to the point of this post...

Enjoy the pictures captured at the VA TECH duck pond today! There were many exciting things going on. A dog chasing ducks, ducks being fed, fish being caught, bicyclists everywhere, people sun bathing, a couple having a romantic picnic, and the sweet sound of laughter from my children's mouths. I hope to be more spontaneous like this again in the future. Maybe it's not so necessary to be so planned out after all. The only regretful thought that passed through my head, while there, was how I wish I could do College on that gorgeous campus all over again. I took that time in my life for granted. I didn't use it to the fullest (AND I'M NOT referring to partying, just an FYI).

PS. The dress I'm wearing in Kaitlyn's wedding is GORGEOUS!
The kids begin feeding the ducks!
It didn't last long because Lilah and Jax would throw WHOLE pieces of hot dog buns or bread into the water. Eventually, we had to rip the bread in pieces for them.
Ty finds a deserted cabin. He was a little afraid to go look at it after I pretended to be the witch from the movie, Hansel and Gretel, by saying, "Come here little boys. Let me show you my home!"

Jax followed Tyson around as if Tyson was the mamma duck and he was a duckling. He insisted on doing EVERYTHING his BIG BROTHER was doing. He braved much more than his over sensitive personality normally stands for. I'm not sure if you can see the sticks in their hands, but when Tyson picked up a large stick, Jax was SURE to find one of his own.
Lilah stuck to mommy like glue. She was fine being a girl! BUT then, spotted some dirt, and turned back into the small tom boy that she desires to be at times.
Tyson was so well behaved at the duck pond. I was so thankful.
Jax posing for a picture, but looks to be uncomfortable. There were a ton of LARGE, black ants on this tree and he was fearful they would bite him.
Sittin pretty for a picture.
I told Lilah and Jax to sit down and I explained to them how to have fun with these dandelions.
They thought this was so much fun! I love how children appreciate the simple things in life that we take for granted.
"She loves me, she loves me not!"
"He loves me, he loves me not!"
On the way to the van, I spotted this student, who caught a fish. Ty got to "pet" him.
This is the large carp fish that the VA TECH student caught.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in its time."

1 comment:

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)