Sunday, March 6, 2011

"There are starving people in this world..."

Tonight, I made a homemade marinara sauce, meatballs, and whole wheat rigatoni for dinner. Tyson is anything but Italian (unless it comes to pizza). What the heck? Who in the world doesn't like Italian food? He's not right.

At dinner tonight, I served the meal to the kids first. As I turned around to begin making Darren and I's plate, I hear,

Tyson: "Ewe!"
Daddy: "What's ewe?"
Ty: "What is this on my plate?"
Mommy: "I don't ever want to hear ewe at the dinner table again. There are starving people in this world who would love to eat what's been served to you."

O how I cringed every time my mother would say that to me and now I say it too!

Tyson: "Well, then they can have my food."

Darren and I about died. We had to contain ourselves from busting out laughing. It was certainly a very intelligent reply if I must say so, not to mention fairly hilarious as well as SERIOUS. He was all ready to pass off his "ewe" food to the starving people in this world.

Oh kids! They sure do say the darndest things.

Have you ever heard that response before from your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)