Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Well, not really.... more like tasteless.... BUT only compared to what I am eliminating from my life.
Since New Year's Eve, I've restricted myself of all sweets for 3 weeks. I'm not sure how I came up with the 3 week time frame, but I figured detoxing my body from Hershey's candy cane kisses, Starbucks' iced Mochas, and homemade banana pudding was a good start. It certainly is a great way to take off some of those extra pounds that I have been naive about gaining. Surprisingly, I still fit into the jeans I wore prior to conceiving Tyson (I was at my tiniest), but it's like I said to a friend, "There's a huge difference between fitting in them and looking good in them." LOL! The urge to splurge went well the first week. I worked out hard, drowned myself in water, and depleted my body of all heart clogging and booty dimple foods. By Sunday, I was UNHAPPY! I miss my grande, fat free iced mocha, in a venti glass with extra ice, hold the whip cream, terribly. It's amazing HOW dependent we can be on something to help generate that extra happiness in our lives. This past Sunday, Darren headed to Starbucks for me, on our way home, but I told him "No!" So far, I am day 8 without sweets. Boy am I counting down the days. I am just looking forward to being able to have that one day a week splurge. Above and below, you will see what I have been eating and drinking as a substitution to the last 4 months of my out of control eating lifestyle.
No. This is not a banana with chocolate sauce. It's a banana with all natural almond butter.
Rather tasty, honestly. Just not an iced mocha by any stretch of the imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)