Friday, November 10, 2017

He Will Wipe Away Every Tear!

Over the passed year, I have become sociable with a sweet girl named Lexi.  She is a Glenvar High School cheerleader.  She lost her father suddenly, on October 18th, from a tragic accident.  Being my love language is gift giving, I felt the sudden urge to begin finding things to temporarily comfort her during this difficult time.  This beautiful bracelet was purchased on ETSY from the seller LoveDesign.  The day of Lexi's dad's funeral, I spotted it on her.  It blessed me immensely to know if meant that much to her.  


"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” 
~Revelations 21:4
 
I made this cake for Lexi's dad, but mores for Lexi.  I have been doing the best that I can to witness to her and be a strong support system for her, in my own way, all while still managing life with three kids of my own.  As I get to know her more fully, I want to keep her dad alive and the memories of him, so periodically I have been asking her about some of the things he loved or THEY loved to do together.  One of their favorite shows was "Stranger Things".  Being I am always looking for a reason to bake, I decided to bake HER/HIM a cake on her father's birthday, which was on November 3rd (about 3 weeks after his passing).
I have NEVER seen the show.  I don't know the name of the characters or the significance of ANYTHING on this cake.  The cake isn't even PRETTY, but it's what google images CLAIMS a "Stranger Things" cake is supposed to look like.  I would bet my right arm that it tasted PHENOMENAL though. Haha. I took my time and I made it with extra love and ingredients.  

A little love and tiny details go a long way, especially for someone hurting.  STOP and take the time to serve others.  It's actually a command from the Lord.


"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." 
~Romans 12:12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)