Friday, March 31, 2017

Lilah And Jax Are Officially 8!

The FRIDAY, before the twins' birthday, I got up at 4:00 a.m. like normal and didn't go to bed until 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Eeeekkkk! I still cannot believe my body handled it as well as it did.  What kept me up? WELL... DETAILS and BIRTHDAY SURPRISES.  Darren and I decided to revamp BOTH of the twins' rooms, for their birthdays, so I had to wait for them to go to bed before I could get to work.  Darren went to bed, sigh, and I stayed up.  By the time I looked at the clock, it was 4:00 a.m.  I went to bed on Lilah's window seat and set my alarm for 6:00 a.m. to set up for their birthday breakfast.  
These sweet kids were so excited to wake up and see what was in store for them.  It was the sweetest thing ever when Lilah said, "Happy Birthday Jax!" That melted my heart because it can very easily be the case that they forget it's each other's birthday through all of the excitement.  

I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. to finish some small decorating details and then prepare their birthday breakfast.  I bought a roll of banner paper at Wal-mart and made them a sign.  It read,
TODAY
We Have
LOVED
You
For
8 Years
96 Months
416 Weeks
2,920 Days
4,204,800 Minutes
252, 455, 616 Seconds 
AND Counting....
Jax's response was, "That's not true!"  Haha.  I don't think he could fathom life being that LONG!
AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE having a little girl.  EVERY DETAIL is special to her.
Ready for the next surprise... #breakfasttime.
I made the twins a donut cake for breakfast: Krispy Kreme donuts AND sprinkled donut holes from Wal-mart.  
I also made waffle cone bowl of fresh fruit! So colorful and tasty.  Even daddy ate a bowl of it.
And bacon!
I just love how cute BOTH of these items turned out . I cut ONE strawberry in the shape of a heart for that extra touch.
 It's hard to believe they are 8.
We made sure to remind the twins that their new bedrooms were their birthday gifts from US, but we DID buy them a bag full of clothing, shoes, and a new basketball.  
Lilah's ball is a glow in the dark basketball aka "Night Ball".  
It was a fabulous morning!!!! I spent the rest of the morning organizing their rooms even MORE than I already had.  I cannot believe I was EXHAUSTED AT ALL! Stay tuned soon for a post on how we revamped their bedrooms.  I LOVE THEM!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! again blown away by how SPECIAL you make things. Your 8 pops idea below is certain to be used again!
    Looking forward to the reveal of their rooms.
    Been meaning to comment on more of your posts, but my life got in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!!!! As always love hearing your thoughts. I think your one of my biggest fans. Haha. Wink wink

      Delete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)