Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Lilah and Jax Birthday Celebration AT SCHOOL!

Lilah and Jax's birthday was the day that school let out for Spring Break. There was soooooo much going on and I felt like celebrating their birthday at school would be too much for Mrs. Thomsen and the students.  We postponed their celebration until the Wednesday AFTER they got back from Spring Break.  I ordered 30 mini birthday cake flavored cupcakes from Bubblecake.
I wasn't thrilled with how "plain" they looked so I did ask Bubblecake to give me 30 red hearts to add on top! They were so obliging.  
I reserve my lunch visit with my kids for birthdays ONLY.  This way they are really anticipatory!!! It's all they talked about the week leading up.  I feel bad at times that that's the only time I eat with them, but after eating lunch with them this time, I don't feel bad one bit anymore. Lilah and Jax just don't sit still. They run around the halls, go the bathroom, peak in the cafeteria windows, at their peers.... etc.  They are just happy I am present, but there isn't much "value" in eating with them.  LOL! I bet it would be different if I actually ate in the cafeteria with them verses at the tables offered for visiting parents.
Their peers made them each a homemade birthday card.  WOW! So they came home with 24 cards each. The students were asked to complete this question... 
If I could give you anything for your birthday, I would give you...
I got a BIG chuckle out of one of the cards.  It read, "I would give you a BIG, SHINY, COOL, AMAZING, PENEY!" I know how I read that at first.  It took me a while to read it properly.   
At the end of the day, each of the students received either a blue or pink heart shaped lollipop from Lilah and Jax!!! ALL of these photos were taken with my iPhone, hence the poor image quality.  I always feel the need to say so.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun birthday at school! We love you both, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)