Thursday, June 18, 2015

"Class Dixon" Says "Thank You!"

I really enjoyed being  a classroom mom this year, especially for the Kindergarteners.  They were always so happy to see me and anxious to see what I had in store. Of course, I could NOT have successfully fulfilled that role without the help of their mommies and daddies.  The parent involvement was superb.  Miss Dixon, soon-to-be Mrs. Lawrence, put together, AGAIN with the help of the Kindergarteners' mommies and daddies, a recipe book for me, as a way to say thank you for all that I had done. It included all of the students favorite recipes, as well as, a hand-drawn photo of what they want to be when they grow up! The recipe book is so precious and is certainly, by far, one of the sweetest gifts I have ever received. I made sure to get a group photo, of me, with all of the children that were at school that day (goofy and serious shots).
I couldn't eliminate showing any of the student's artwork or recipes because each student is special to me, so enjoy seeing every single one, below.  I was in a rush taking pictures of this gift, so please excuse the poor photography.
Miss Dixon's Recipe
Rose wants to be a ballerina teacher. 
 Rose's "Surprise Pumpkin Treats".
 Aliyah wants to be a vet.
Aliyah's "Rice Crispy Treats".
Jax wants to be a football player.
Lilah wants to be a vet.
 Jax and Lilah's "Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding!"
Nataley wants to be a singer.
Nataley's "Best Brownies".

Gabriel wants to be a army soldier.  
Gabriel's "Salted Caramel Cupcakes"
Lesley wants to be a dentist.  
Lesley's "Favorite Tacos".
Evelyn wants to bean artist.  
Evelyn's "Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies".
Ryker wants to be a USC Fighter.  
Ryker's "Three-Cheese Manicotti".
 Evan wants to be a soccer player.   
 Evan's "Creamy Chicken Casserole".
 Christy wants to be Elsa.
 Christy's "Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies".
 Matthew wants to be a football player.
 Matthew's "Easiest Homemade Pizza Crust".
Rebecca wants to be a teacher.
 Rebecca's "Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast".
 Cheyenne wants to be a vet.
Cheyanne's "Banana Pudding".
Easton wants to be a "cop".
 Easton's "Buffalo Chicken Dip".
 Ben wants to make videos.
 Ben's "Funfetti Golden Oreo Ice Cream".
 Joey wants to be a police officer.
 Joey's "Grandma Mac & Cheese".
 Makiyah wants to be a princess.
 Makiyah's "Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies".
 Joshua wants to be an army man.
 Joshua's "Favorite Recipes".
 Alyssa wants to be a teacher.
 Alyssa's "Homemade Chicken Tenders".
 Marleigh wants to be a vet.
 Marleigh's "Extra Love Mac-N-Cheese".
Wasn't this the most adorable gift ever?

Miss Dixon, you were a pleasure to do Kindergarten with.  You will make a phenomenal wife and an even better momma one day!  We will miss you greatly, but we know that FLES doesn't have ONE non-amazing teacher.  We cannot wait to see which teachers our 1st and 5th graders receive for the 2015-2016 school year. 

To the kids, this is NOT goodbye.  I am excited that I will watch you grow from teenie weenie kindergarteners to big high schoolers.  The time with come fast, sniff sniff, so I hope to cherish it all as a continue to volunteer at the school and the classrooms.  I have enjoyed getting to know you this year.

1 comment:

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)