Friday, May 18, 2018

Paintball Party Food And Decorations!

Ty's party was held at Wolf's Paintball in Riner, Va.  It's a very rural area, surrounded by beautiful mountains.  I actually took video footage during my drive up there, which I will share later.  I didn't want to invest TOO MUCH time into decorations because God's creation was truly enough visual candy to take in! I also couldn't guarantee the weather.  AND well... truth is... we are dealing with teenage boys.  LOL!

The paintball facility provided five picnic tables underneath a mental covering.  And then an additional 6 picnic tables outside of shelter.  There were thunderstorms in the horizon, so I only utilized the covered tables.  (2) tables were for the guests.  (1) table for the food.  (1) table was for the cake and gifts.  What did I serve to eat and drink?
I served a rainbow collection of soft drinks and mini water bottles.  
A rainbow veggie platter.  This photo was taken after the party, so ignore the fritos.  LOL!  This was actually a Mother' Day snack.

A nice selection of chips.
I loved the cheese balls reminded me of paintballs, so they were my favorite food item.  
I served a delicious selection of fruit.  I used my melon baller because I thought it would be so adorable to have the fruit replicate paintballs.  I am not sure anyone caught on.  LOL!
The main portion of the meal was dominos pizza! I ordered (10) pizzas: 5 cheese and 5 pepperoni.  
I scattered a rainbow collection of candy as centerpieces.  The boys devoured these centerpieces FAST.
Bubblegum!
Pixie Stix.
Skittles. 
I wanted the tablescape to be masculine, fun, and "fancy".  
I purchased Martha Stewart's party plates from her new collection of party supplies.  The plates were gold rimmed, black, and polka dotted.  I paired it with paint splat dinner napkins and 13th Birthday beverage napkins.  The paint splat napkins came from an art party collection.  It still worked.  I used gold plasticware.  I centered each boys' "paintball ammunition" bubble gum directly onto their plate.  It also held the napkins down.  
I ordered this PERFECT paintballer trophy as a centerpiece and then I planned to give them away to the guest with the biggest WELT and the FTW (for the win).
I still needed cups!
I had to pick my mouth up off of the floor when I spotted the below cups on ETSY. From the LITTLE information shared on Pinterest, I thought for sure Ty was one of the ONLY people in the world to have a paintball party.  
I immediately placed an order with Charming Touch Parties from ETSY.
This company really provided excellent customer service.  My order and shipment arrived very soon after I made my purchase.  
I bought (10) cups to say "Game On" and (10) cups to scream the number "13". These cups were truly the FINAL detail and I believe completed the party table's look.  Don't hesitate to contact them for all of your party needs.  
Charming Touch Party company is made up of TWO best friends doing what they love, TOGETHER.
I used my Heidi Swapp Light Boxes and Letter Boards to create a more personal touch.  
I debated on the above light box, but I figured "What the heck!" Why not provide a little PG-13 humor.  
And then of course, the one below, "You can't please everybody! You're NOT Fortnite!"
I am not sure what else I could have done to make this table more festive and keeping it within the masculine look requirement. I am so pleased.
The absolute hardest part was keeping these tables "organized".  As soon as the party bus arrived... the boys sat down immediately and started touching EVERYTHING and testing on the candy.  The candy was spilling everywhere.  Drinks were being spilled.  LOL!  So each time they would play a round of paintball, don't you KNOW I was freshening up the tables BIG TIME.  
At one point, before the boys arrived, it was TORRENTIAL down pour raining.  I was praying constantly and hard. I was thankful for the metal covering.  It didn't mess up any of these amazing details.   
Other than what you see... I just had balloons.  I bought (2) balloon bouquets and a #1 and #3 to create a #13. It was just enough to scream birthday and not too much went wasted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)