Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Color Run

Back in August, before school started, Fort Lewis Elementary School had a fundraiser.  This was the FIRST time that this fundraiser was offered.  
We are always looking for a positive, fun, and unique way to be a family, so we jumped on this opportunity.  Plus, we ploy ourselves on being or try to be, a "fit family", so this was a good way to exercise.  Our entry fees included the t-shirt, a headband, tattoos, and a packet of neon color dye.
On the count of three... everyone released their color packets into the air.
This wasn't like the professional color run, so it was a little disappointing, but we still had a great time.  I think the REAL color run is REAL paint.
Lilah and I finished FIRST, but NOT because we beat the boys.  We had the option to do 1.5 miles OR 3.2 miles.  We chose to do the 1.5 miles.  It was REALLLLLY hot (as you can see from Lilah's face) and I felt it was for our safety.
You can see how hot and sweaty and colorful we were after finishing the race.
I was the MOST proud of Jax.  He really did amazing.  No complaining and kept up with his daddy and big brother.
I love these types of family unity events.  These are the days we will never forget. AND... we helped our children's school in the process.
This was GREAT practice for the real deal.  So... I hope to find out when the color run will be in our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)