Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Dyeing and Decorating Easter Eggs... ~2017

It's ONE of everyone's favorite Easter traditions... dyeing eggs.  I don't believe we did it last year.  Time snuck up on us, so I MADE CERTAIN to do it this year.  First, I boiled 2 dozen eggs.  I really should have done 4 dozen.  The kids were bummed they only got about 8 each.
A few cracked, so really they only got about 7 each.  AND OF COURSE, that left NO eggs for me to dye.  YES, I like to dye the eggs too.
The kids had off on Good Friday, so I planned the egg dyeing for this day.  I wanted to spend time with the kids and use it as a time to talk to them about Jesus' death and what it means to us.  I woke up and set up our kitchen table really fun and festive, to help entice the kids even more. I decorated the table at like 4:00 a.m.  I didn't mind if the kids saw it, but before I could say "good morning" to the kids, the twins went downstairs. They immediately came upstairs to find me AND squealed with excitement.  
I displayed some traditional/secular Easter decor, but I also wanted to display our Savior, hanging on a cross, as a reminder of why we celebrate Good Friday.  It didn't stop there though.... Sunday was coming.  The day HE was to rise from the dead.
Then, time to dye eggs.  Isn't their area so pretty?
My children got to work and as you can see their faces scream SERIOUS!  They take creativity very seriously.  LOL!
They did crack a few smiles here and there.
After the dyeing was complete, the table was a MESS, so I sent them off to play.  Their attention span was also fading.  I cleaned up the table WELL.  And set up their dyed eggs in their own individual egg cartons that I had saved. Lilah's below...
Ty's eggs...
Jax's eggs.  I liked his best.  Hehe.  They were just perfect coloring.
Time to decorate.
I got carried away, NO NOT ME, with decorating tools.  We had emoji stickers...
Washi tape...
Emoji Tape...
Glitter (I know... I must be crazy)...
Sharpie Markers...
Glitter Pens...
String...
Rub on Stickers...
And SPRINKLES!!!
This was DEFINITELY the messiest thing I have ever done with my kids BESIDES the food challenge. 
Jax enjoyed this part the most.  
One of my favorite emojis!
I definitely helped decorate and the kids were so impressed.  LOL!  I wasn't so much impressed with my eggs, but I will take the compliments.  I think my kids are a little bias.  I was thankful to have this time with my children.
I am the MOST proud of our family eggs (featured above).  Jesus first and everyone else underneath, family second.  I love my family and I am forever grateful for Jesus' love and kindness to us all, EVERYDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)