Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Christmas Dance Recital ~ 2016

Mistle Toe and Holly... It was that time again!!! Christmas recital time.

Lilah invited Ansley to watch her perform and I am sooooo glad that she did.  Ansley came back stage with me to help get Lilah to pose for back stage pics.  Check out the duos outcome!! Whoop, whoop! Get it girl!
The backdrop is just awful, but this recital is always done at Andrew Lewis Middle School, so what can I expect. 
They've been friends since birth!
Back stage: Lilah's dance team only has four dance members: Lilah, Claire, Ava, and Lillian.  
Back stage, I prepped Lilah's tutu mason jars by filling with jolly ranchers and hershey kisses.  See here for more details. #traditions
I didn't take a ton of photos because I wanted to enjoy the show, but I do like to capture a few pictures so Lilah can see what she missed out on!
The photos of Lilah's performances were not that great.  I wanted to WATCH her and I also VIDEO recorded her dances (see at the end of this post), so I only grabbed a few photos.  Her first dance was a Jazz dance performed to the song, "Deck The House".
Kylie goes to our church and her twin brother also dances.  I wanted to capture these pics for her and her father (who also works the show).
At half time, Ansley and I went back stage to take some more photos.  
Strike a pose!
Lilah's second performance was a ballet performance and she performed to the song "Let It Go!"  It was a beautiful dance!
I thoroughly enjoy watching my dancing queen as she dances for Jesus.
The Grinch!
Grand Finale.  
Lilah's biggest fans! Thank you Ansley for capturing this family photo.  
And then... time for recital gifts. The boys picked out flowers at Kroger.  I loved how they chose Christmas colors.
I gave her a few cute gifts, but nothing MAJOR.  I usually save the more special gifts for the Spring recital.
A new ballet ornament for her Christmas tree.
A glittery case for her iPhone (an old phone of mine).  
Hershey kiss, candy cane, lip balm.
I am beyond proud of Lilah.  She danced so beautifully and I am continually amazed at how brave she is! As usual, I hope she continues with dance through high school and I cannot wait to see how the Lord uses her skills to dance in her future.  

1 comment:

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)