Monday, November 9, 2015

Apples For Teachers At Halloween (2015)

I am HUGE on giving to those who take care of my children.  I believe FULLY that their job is NOT always easy and it really encourages them to KNOW that they are valued and appreciated, much like being a SAHM, the only difference, the teachers get a FULL salary. I have been collecting things since LAST Halloween.  NO LIE!  Last year, I bought these adorable "Eek" platters at Kirkland's.  Originally $4.99, I paid $.49 cents.  SCORE!
I was NEVER sure who I would give the platters to until I began collecting things this year, for the current teachers, that my children have now. I knew I wanted to put some type of yummy, homemade treats on them, so I decided to give the platters to the Mrs. Dixon, the school secretary, and the janitors: Mr. Earnie and Mr. Leftwhich.  
I chose to turn some ordinary Gold's pretzels into pumpkins.  All you need is orange chocolate wafers, green m&ms or skittles, and the pretzels.  Directions: 1. Melt chocolate. 2. Using a fork, dip the pretzel into the chocolate and shake fork until excess chocolate has dripped back into the bowl.  3. Lay pretzel on wax paper.  4. Attached m&m or skittle.  5. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate has solidified back to it's natural state.  
 Aren't they the cutest little pumpkins?
 I accompanied it with some pumpkin, chocolate chip bread!  
 Just so colorful, delicious, creative, and cheery! To contain the pumpkin pretzels, I used cupcake liners. This made the pretzels stay put and if the school office staff wanted to share, but just a few, they could hand the school nurse or the gym teacher ONE cupcake liner ~ as to say, this is all you get.  Hehe.
I wrapped them up and added some personalized printables.  
Next up, I found these AWESOME spiderweb paint buckets and chose to use them for the teacher's gifts that I had been collecting since July (no lie).
I also attached a homemade printable with the teachers' names on it.
What's inside?
A scarf holder.  Why?
Because they also received a pumpkin scarf!
A Reese's peanut butter pumpkin.  
Pumpkin seeds.
 Spiced Pumpkin scented packet from Kirklands. Are you seeing the theme?
 Owl tissues.
 Candy Corn Hershey's bar.
Autumn owl hand sanitizer.
 A decorative straw!
 Pumpkin pie chap stick.
 A spider ring.
  A spooky needle pen!
 A diet coke because they say that's their favorite drink.  MINE TOO!
Each teacher also received a Chick-Fil-A calendar.
The principal and the secretary received some cute coffee cups, with a $5.00 gift cards to Starbucks (plus those goodies I mentioned above).
Believe it or NOT, I purchased these beauties from the Dollar Tree and thought they were quite bland.
So I went searching for an embellishment to add to them.  It took me quite a while.  It couldn't be a sticker or wooden piece because the cups would have to be washed at one point or another.  I spotted these awesome spider webs/spiders at Michael's Crafts.
Just add some hot glue to the back and WALAA! Talk about turning something plain looking into something darling.  
Mrs. Early (1st grade student teacher) and Mrs. Robin (the bus driver) also could NOT be forgotten.  I bought these light up cups, last Halloween, after Halloween was way over with.  Originally $5.99, but I paid $.59 cents.  Press a button and the cup lights up.
Inside, they also received a gift card to Starbucks, a Reese's pumpkin peanut butter cup, pumpkin chap stick, and a candy corn hershey's bar.
I know this blessed their day! I have already received mounds of very sweet thank you notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)