Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Apples For Teachers!!! (1st & 5th Grade - 2015)

It's no secret... I LOVE to give and I get giddy when I have someone to shop for.  LOL! Teachers are CERTAINLY no exception. This year, I found these adorable looseleaf, dry erase boards, at Kirkland's, on a whim! I had NO idea what I would do with them, but they came in reallllllllly handy: one for back-to-school photos and one for teacher gifts!
 The boards were $14.99 a piece (not quite inexpensive, but I would have totally done it again, given the choice).
Using one of my favorite programs, I designed some penmanship font to create the teachers' names.  I figured, even if I have excellent handwriting, it could quickly rub off during transportation, so, I just printed the teacher's names and gently stuck them to the dry erase board.
Over the Summer, I had been collecting some goodies for the teachers.  I neatly and nicely stacked all of the items together and tied them up with some cute glittery and rainbow, rulered ribbon!
One for Mrs. Thomsen (above) and one for Mrs. Harlow (below).  
What's in the stack?
Extra Apple Gum!
A notepad with the letter of their first name!
Primary colored twizzlers.
Mrs. Thomsen received this decorative apple tape!
Chalkboard Labels.
A matching folder and notepad.
A rose?
WITH  HIDDEN DIAMONDS!
Mrs. Harlow received these days of the week clothespins.  
I've already received a thank you note from Mrs. Harlow.  She said it really made her day feel special! That was my entire goal! Score!!!! It wasn't the greatest gift ever, but I think the presentation and the heart behind it that matters. AND... if kids need schools supplies, I think teachers do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)