Friday, May 29, 2015

"Take Me Out To The Ball Game" - Favor Bags!

Sending our party guests home with a fun and impressive gift bag, bucket, or basket is ALWAYS one of my TOP priorities.  It's the LAST thing that the party guest will receive and remember about the party creating LASTING memories.  I searched 20+ stores for anything baseball or 4th of July-ish!!!! Here are the stores I visited that may help you in your searches: Wal-mart, K-mart, Michael's Crafts, A.C. Moore, JoAnn Fabrics, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General, Walgreens, CVS, Five Below, Kroger, Ollie's, Big Lots, Toys R Us, Amazon, Captain Party, Fun Times, Target, Sams Club, "The Candy Store", and the Salem Red Socks gift shop.  Shew! When I want to accomplish something, there is no stopping me, but man... revisiting my endeavors, for favor items, makes me feel tired!
There were two girls at the party, so I made sure to make boy bags and girl bags! First up, the boy items... The main party favor was this Miniature Slugger, Wooden Bat.  The bat was navy, $4.99 per bat, and purchased at the Salem Red Socks gift shop. Darren said when he was a kid these were a hot commodity!
I hot glued a wooden baseball to the plastic wrapping, that the bat was wrapped in.  In Word, I created a personalized sticker with the boys name on it! The baseball came from Michaels.  Each ball was $.49 cents.

America Gel Clings purchased from Michael's crafts for $1.99.  I only purchased these for Jax because he was the youngest boy there and probably the only boy who would appreciate these!
A Salem Red Socks Baseball. Included in the cost of the party package, but normally $5.99 and can be purchased in the Salem Red Socks gift shop!
Chocolate Baseballs.  Ty doesn't like chocolate, so I didn't give him any of these, but the rest of the crew, I am sure, doesn't pass up anything chocolate.  These were $3.99 per pound and purchased at a local store called, "The Candy Store!", in downtown Roanoke.
Red, White, and Blue Glow Sticks! I found these festive glow sticks at Target for $1.00 per pack!  I thought I would pass them out for the kids to wear at the game, but it never got dark! So they became part of their "going away home" present!
Baseball Stickers. Oversize baseball stickers, purchased from Five Below.  The cost was (4) stickers for $1.00.  
 Double Bubble Gum. Purchased in a big bag at the Dollar Tree, for $1.00 per bag.
 Baseball Schedule. Each guest received the current Salem Red Socks Baseball Schedule.  (FREE)
Big League Chew! These were purchased at Five Below.  They come in so many flavors: sour apple, cotton candy, watermelon, strawberry, grape, original bubble gum, and blue raspberry! The cost is $1.99 or you can purchase the original bubble gum flavor at the Dollar Tree for $1.00 per bag.  
Planters Peanuts. I bought these at Sams Club.  They came in a huge box and the left overs were put in our pantry since our kids love peanuts!
Friot Lay Flavored Sunflower Seeds. I purchased these at Family Dollar.  The cost was (2) packs for $1.00. They had several flavors: ranch, bbq, dill, and original.  
Baseball Cards.  DUH! That's a total must.  These were purchased from Five Below for $1.00.  The Dollar Tree has them too, but they are dated cards.  These were cards from 2015.
 Baseball or Softball Party Favors for Girls!
Big League Chew Gum!
A PINK, slugger, wooden bat!
ROY G. BIV Wiffle Balls.  As soon as I spotted these I had to buy them. There were only two girls there: Lilah and Ansley. They needed a few girly items, but surprisingly, the boys wanted to know where their wiffle balls were.  Haha. I bought these at Five Below, possibly for $3.00.  
 Gel Clings. 4th of July popsicle fun!
 Girls don't want baseball cards, but they wouldn't mind TEEN BEACH MOVIE cards, right?  Dollar Tree: $1.00 per pack.
 Fourth of July Pens! Purchased at Michael's Crafts for .99 cents each.
Cheer Pom-Poms.  Yes, baseball players don't have cheerleaders, but I still think it works! Purchased at the Dollar Tree for $1.00.
A Baseball Ring.  Purchased at Fun Times for .20 cents each.
 Baseball Stickers.
 Double Bubble Gum!
Red, White, and Blue Glow Sticks.
I tied all of the loose favors together, that wouldn't fit in the baseball favor bag, with some ribbon and hung them on the white fence that surrounded our party area.
All of the other items I placed in a baseball party favor bag.  Typically, my party favor presentation is MUCH MORE impressive, but I ran out of time to do what I normally do!
Other items that I considered were cotton candy, baseball socks, cracker jacks, baseball bases, eye black patches, personalized water bottles, and little trophies. The boys were SO excited when I passed their goody bags out!!! I guess it's safe to say their party favors were a SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)