Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Baby Chicks

Below is an adorable photo of fourth grades' latest arrivals.  Ty's class, as well as the other fourth grade class, has had chicken eggs incubating for 3 weeks.  This experience is being used as part of their living systems, science unit. They had 20 chicks hatch last night and today.  It is the most chicks fourth grade has ever had hatch (19 last year).  Ty's other fourth grade teacher, Ms. Meredith, said, "Your children are excellent mother hens!  :)"  I love these experiences that Ty gets at school. I would never be daring enough to try this at home.  
Ty was so excited about this.  It was the first thing he told me about when he hopped off the bus today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)