Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cupcakes for Dinner!

Tonight for dinner, I decided to trick my children by making "cupcakes" for dinner, BUT NOT the cupcakes you are thinking of.  You know, delectable vanilla cake, with a french vanilla filling, and delicious buttercream icing?!?! Instead, I made meatloaf, a la mode mash potatoes, and sprinkles bacon/scallions, filled with cheese.

When Darren got home, I was working on these and he said, "What's for dinner?"  I said, "Honey, you see I'm working on it!"  He said, "I'm not eating cupcakes for dinner!" It was then, I had to explain what I was actually making.  He was dumbfounded.  He truly thought I was making cupcakes.  LOL! Clearly, he didn't look very closely.
I thought these were DELICIOUS!!!! The kids even ate dinner a tad better than normal!  Tomorrow, we are having "pie" for dinner aka QUISH!  LOL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)