Monday, November 25, 2013

They Give Thanks....

Each student at Bethel Baptist Preschool was assigned a "feather".
They were responsible for decorating their feather to the "hilt", sharing words of gratitude and things they are thankful for. Lilah chose to use glitter and beads.  She named three things she was thankful for: "my bed, Jesus, and family".  Those are a few of my favorite things as well.
Jaxon chose to use hokie colored glitter, scrabble pieces, and beads.  He is thankful for "food, tv, and his house." Minus the television, I am on par with his blessings as well.  I guess I am thankful for tv, but I never watch it.
The compilation of feathers was turned into a turkey. This was such a CREATIVE idea. This turkey faces the parents, everyday, when they walk into the preschool. I love it!!!  It's so colorful and personally represents each student uniquely.  
This season I am very thankful to God for his grace and mercy that he sheds on me, each and every day.  I am a wretched sinner in need of Him.  Without Him, I will crumble.  Without Him, I will fail.  Without Him, I am selfish.  Without Him, nothing else really matters. I am beyond blessed to have a husband who loves, cherishes, guides, protects, and shepherds me.  My concerns are his concerns.  I am so grateful for his love for Christ and his "team player" role in our household.  There is no greater blessing than the gift that he is to our children.  I am growing each and every day, more and more, in learning my role as a mother. Some days I am better at it than others, but I truly desire to embrace this gift and this high calling.  I want to give my children what they deserve.  I want my new motto to be, "My Greatest Blessings call me mom!" 

Aside from God, Christ, husband and children, here is what I am thankful for...

God's word, sound pastors, Darren's job, health, great friends, shelter, clothing, a warm bed, music, my 4 hour "break" during the week, gym membership, food, washing machine/dryer, dishwasher, van, the list truly is endless.  I think you get the point.... I AM BLESSED!  

What are you thankful for these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)