Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Christmas in May?!?!?!?!

My mom has always told me that my "love language" is gift giving.  I have truly been this way  as far back as I can remember.  I think it started with those elementary school Christmas "shops".  I always had a LIST of people to spend my allowance on.
Check out my buffet table.  AND this photo does NOT include all the gifts.
If you believe you MAY BE a recipient, DO NOT LOOK too closely, JODY.
This week I have a TON of people to shower with gifts.

May 7th -   Presley's Birthday
May 9th -   Jody's (BFF) Birthday
May 10th - Teacher Appreciation
May 11th - Tyson's Birthday
May 11th - Sister's Graduation! 
May 12th - Mothers Day! 
May 12th - Lisa's (BFF) Birthday

I have NOT read up on "love languages" at all.  If you click on the link above you can read up on the description of the 5 love languages below.  I think you can also take a test to find out what your "love language" is.  I hope this isn't synonymous to let's say a horoscope because I do NOT believe in that, nor am I a superstitious person.  If anything, it's just FUN to see where you fit in to these categories.

1.  Words of Affirmation
2.  Quality Time

3.  Gifts: (description below)
Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday, anniversary, or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous—so would the absence of everyday gestures.*

Almost everything ever written on the subject of love indicates that at the heart of love is the spirit of giving. All five love languages challenge us to give to our spouse, but for some, receiving gifts, visible symbols of love, speaks the loudest. A gift is something you can hold in your hand and say, “Look, he was thinking of me,” or, “She remembered me.” A gift is a symbol of that thought. Gifts come in all sizes, colours and shapes. Some are expensive and others are free. To the individual whose primary love language is receiving gifts, the cost will matter little. 

There is also an intangible gift that can speak more loudly than something that can be held in one’s hand. Physical presence in the time of crisis is the most powerful gift you can give. Your body becomes the symbol of your love.
If this is your partner’s love language: Keep a “gift idea” notebook. Every time you hear your spouse say, “I really like that,” write it down. Select gifts you feel comfortable purchasing, making or finding, and don’t wait for a special occasion. Becoming a proficient gift giver is an easy language to learn.

4.  Acts of Service
5.  Physical Touch

As my momma always said, "It's better to give, than to receive."  I think so too!

Feels like Christmas in May!!! And my check book certainly feels that way too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)