Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jesus Said,

"Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” ~Matthew 19:14
Three weeks ago, Tyson came to me and said, "Mom!  I want to try and turn away from sin.  I know I will not be perfect, but I want to do the best I can to be obedient." What sweet music to my ears and to all of those who have been planting seeds in Tyson's life. 

Our faith is that God can do anything he desires, even if it means produce salvation in children, but  we  our church is never quick to baptize our children, instead, we dedicate them.  Which basically is a commitment between the Lord and the parents, as well as a church body, to raise our children as best as we possibly can in a godly home, until our children are able to make a decision to accept Christ into their lives on their own.

Tyson is ridiculously clued in theologically with his head.  We just have to make sure that it is transferred to his heart.  Since his comment (above), his sermon notes have increased 10x fold.  Ty used to write just the sermon points that Pastor Nick places on the screen, but now, Tyson writes very detailed notes and good notes, in my opinion, for his age.
We give ALL GLORY to God for any work that is taking place in Tyson's heart.  We will continue to fulfill our duty as godly parents, to encourage him to be obedient and to strive for righteousness through Jesus Christ.  We know that prayer for salvation is powerful and will be answered according to the Father's will.  

Tyson, we are so thankful for your desire to listen to Pastor Nick, engage in conversations about the sermon, and yes, while not perfect, attempting to turn away from sin. We are proud of you and look forward to watching you grown closer and closer to Jesus as you learn and understand the gospel more and more.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Praise God that the Holy Spirit is moving in Ty and he is having the desire to know and learn about the one true God. We will pray for Ty. We just love him. So much!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)