Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chicken Bruschetta Recipe


Last night I made the most scrumptious dinner EVER. I don't mind sharing the recipe with you, especially since it wasn't my own to begin with (LOL!). I had absolutely NO complaints about the recipe itself. I did, however, have ONE complaint about the after effects of eating this dish. The garlic, in the recipe, literally destroys your breath... so much, that I woke up in the middle of the night, popped a piece of gum in my mouth, and chewed it all night long in my sleep. It was the ONLY thing that made me feel like my breath was fresh.

Chicken Bruschetta
1/2 cup flour

2 eggs, beaten
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup crushed garlic croutons
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 large tomatoes
3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, minced (appox. 1 teaspoon)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking dish. Place flour & beaten eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken into flour, then into eggs. Place into baking dish. Combine parmesan cheese, crushed croutons, & melted butter then sprinkle on chicken. Loosely cover with foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until top is browned and chicken is cooked through. Chop tomatoes and combine with last ingredients. Spoon mixture over chicken, and return to oven for 5-7 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through.

I served the chicken with whole-wheat, angel hair pasta and homemade marinara sauce. IF you LOVE bruschetta, I'd plan to double the tomato,basil,garlic portion of the recipe. The only other change I might make next time is to "brown" the chicken in some oil to give the chicken the

This recipe is a definite KEEPER!!!!! Tonight I am making chicken marsala. I bet this recipe will also receive rave reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)