Monday, May 14, 2012

Safari Park Zoo Field Trip

I had the pleasure of joining Tyson on his first grade field trip last week. It was special for so many reasons. 1. I haven't been able to join him on a field trip yet!!! 2. It was the day before his birthday. 3. We had NEVER been to the venue before. The field trip was to Safari Park Zoo in Natural Bridge, VA. We left the school parking lot at 9:15 am. I rode the bus with well over 35 children and many accompanying chaperones. IF you've never done that before... be sure to wear ear plugs. I wish someone had warned me :) We spent an hour on the tractor ride, feeding the animals that greet you VERY UP CLOSE, some of the animals even STOLE the buckets of feed. Then we were able to tour the petting zoo and regular portion of the zoo. Finally, we at lunch at the pavillion. There was only ONE small incident where a camel bit one of Ty's friends in the tummy, but he handled it well. I think it was on accident. This was QUITE the experience. I was grateful to my dear friend Lisa Fernandez for picking the twins up from preschool so I could join Ty. I hope to take the twins this summer if anyone wants to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)