Sunday, January 22, 2012

"The Lazy Song"

I haven't listened to secular music in years. Two Wednesdays ago, while we were getting ready for church, I decided to turn on the radio. Getting three kids ready for church can be slightly stressful, so I thought it might be fun to listen to some hip/hop songs. "The Lazy Song" came on and it had a really catchy tune/beat. I had never heard it before, so the beat grabbed my attention. The next day, I looked up the song on youtube. The twins happened to be near me and the catchy tune grabbed their attention too! Since then, we have watched the youtube video several times and they have learned, on their own, the "movements" to this song. The unfortunate thing is that it's really NOT a song that they, nor I, should be listening to. Some of the lyrics are just, quite simply, ungodly. In addition, it seems a little weird listening to it because I feel like I am condoning how lazy our society has become. You will NOT hear any inappropriate lyrics , I don't think, on this blog. I stopped video recording when those lyrics were being sung. Just focus on the cute boy-girl twins singing it and ignore the lyrics. Fortunately, the twins are too young to know what the heck they are singing.

PS. I did NOT include the original video because I do not want to cause anyone to stumble!
PSS. I'm pretty sure I'll just go back to listening, solely, to my Christian music again. :) ESPECIALLY around my kiddies.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)