Saturday, January 21, 2012

Human Sponge!


The other day I was in Lilah's room putting away some clean laundry. She was still sitting in her crib. All of the sudden I hear, out of her mouth,

"You are being disobedient. You're not a-posed to say poo-poo and pee-pee. I havfta spank you now!"

As you can see, from the picture, she fulfilled her promise, to show her baby love, by disciplining he,r for her disobedience. I guess she hears Darren and I loud and clear and is fully aware that there are consequences to sin. Children truly are human sponges. They absorb it all. EVERY single detail.

"Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him. " 
~ Proverbs 13:24

"Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die." 
~Proverbs 23:13

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not depart from it." 
~ Proverbs 22:6


1 comment:

  1. shes so cute :) i love this. best part is how she knows to say "i HAVE to spank you". thats awesome our kids are now aware that we aren't just doing this to be mean, but b/c we have to!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)