Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tyson's 6th Dinosaur Birthday Sleepover Party

Another year, another birthday! Tyson has turned 6. To celebrate, Tyson asked for a dinosaur themed party as well as a sleepover. I think I was in TOTAL denial about the entire thing and tried to escape it, but the closer and closer it got to his birthday, the more I realized there was no escaping it. I left myself only 5 day to plan this party. VERY unlike me. So although it is, to date, my favorite party, the details are JUST not exactly impressive at least NOT via pictures.

On the menu: Dino-Bite Chicken Tenders, Volcano Pizza Bites, Dinosaur Blood (or fruit punch), Homemade Mac and Cheese, Corn on the Cob and Pringles.

Agenda: Dinner, Dino Dig, Dino Egg Hunt, Pin the Pterodactyl on the Pterodactyl, Cake and Ice Cream Bar, Pinata, Snaps, Movie & Popcorn Time, Bedtime, Breakfast, Musical Claws, Dinosaur Ring Toss, Hot Potato, Gift Opening, Goody Bags. We ran out of time for the silly string war, water balloon fight, and personal fossil dig.

Most of the activities took place in the garage thanks to the rain :( That atmosphere doesn't make for pretty pictures). It also made me have to wash 7 boys' little fit in the kitchen sink often. No big deal. The greatest blessing is that everyone got along beautifully.

I shut their movie off at 11:45 pm. At 12:30 am, after I prepared for breakfast and folded the boys laundry, I went downstairs to cover them and check on them and they were STILL up. AHHHH! Tyson took a 3.5 hour nap the next day :)

Periodically, I would ask, "Does anyone miss home?" And the reply was always unanimous and in sync, "NOOOOOOOOOO!" I think the boys had a blast!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and enjoy all comments by those who read my blog!! So please dont just withdraw...
Deposit a little something too :)